Updated: April 5th, 2021
Our site is not intended for or designed to attract children under the age of 13, and we will not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children we actually know are under 13. If we learn that a child under 13 has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information. If you believe a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information, please contact us so we may delete the information. Unless stated otherwise, if you are a minor in the jurisdiction in which you are accessing our site, you may only use our site with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Links to Third-Party Sites and Features
Types of Information We Collect
You can always browse our sites without logging in or providing personal information. It is your decision whether to provide information that we request. Please know that, if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with a relevant service or feature of our site.
Below are the types of information we may collect about you.
Personal Information. Personal information is information that identifies or is capable of identifying you as an individual. We collect personal information from you when you voluntarily provide it to us, such as by creating a user account, signing up for email updates, registering for events, entering contests, subscribing to newsletters, ordering products or services, or responding to surveys, offers, promotions, and other communications. We also may collect personal information about you from your use of our products and services or through our partners and other publicly and commercially available sources. Personal information we collect from you may include:
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address and phone number;
- Billing information such as credit card number and billing address;
- Preferences information such as order history and email marketing preferences;
- Log-in information such as username, personal account number, and password, and log-in information for social media accounts if you log into our site through such accounts;
- Your location, such as if you agree to allow us to access your location to provide you with information relevant to your area; and
- Other information you choose to provide, such as photographs, articles, comments, questions, requests, and order and subscription information. You agree not to provide through use of our site any sensitive personal information, including information relating to medical or health conditions, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or sexuality.
Aggregate and Anonymous Information. Sometimes we use aggregate or anonymous information. Anonymous information is data where all information that enabled you to be identified has been removed. Aggregate information is anonymous data collected about a group of users or other categories. Your personal information is not included in aggregate or anonymous data. We may use this type of information, for example, to help us understand trends and your needs and preferences and to improve our services. This policy does not restrict our use of aggregate and anonymous information.
Email Communications. We may use your email for promotional purposes (e.g., new product offerings, special offers by us or other third parties). If you send an email to us, we will collect your email address and the full content of your email, including attached files, and other information you provide. You may indicate your preference to opt out of receiving promotional communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional email you receive or by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. You acknowledge that it may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. Please note, however, that you cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to your account with us.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To communicate with you regarding your account and purchases;
- To respond to your customer service requests;
- To improve the content of our site;
- To customize our site for each individual visitor;
- To notify you about updates to our site;
- To contact you for marketing purposes, such as emailing you about products or events that we think may be of interest to you or sending you offers for discounts or free services;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature;
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products;
- To respond to correspondence we receive from you; and
- To serve other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection, and as otherwise authorized or required by law.
Disclosure of Your Information
We will not trade, sell or share your personal information for use by any business without your consent, unless required by law or as disclosed to you when the information is collected. We only share your personal information in accordance with applicable law. We may share your personal information with others in the follow instances:
- When legally required to do so;
- At the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation;
- To verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our site and applicable laws or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our site; and
International Transfers of Personal Information
This site is based in the United States of America and is subject to the laws of the United States. If you are a user outside of the United States, please know that any information you provide on this Site may be transferred to the United States, which does not offer an equivalent level of protection to that required in certain other countries. We may transfer your personal information to third parties in other countries for the purposes described in this policy. Some local privacy laws may require us to obtain your consent before we transfer your information from your originating country to other countries. When you agree to this policy, you are, to the extent required and permitted under your local law, granting your consent to the transfer of your personal information to such other countries for the purposes described in this policy. These countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. We take steps to ensure that it is adequately protected in compliance with applicable laws, including ensuring appropriate security measures are in place and requiring the third parties to protect your personal information in accordance with this policy, or obtaining your consent where required.
How We Protect Your Information
We implement a variety of security measures when you enter, submit, or access your information to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. You should be aware that such security measures cannot prevent all loss, misuse or alteration of personal information, and we are not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such incidents to the fullest extent permitted by law. Where required under law, we will notify you of any such loss, misuse or alteration of personal information that may affect you so that you can take the appropriate actions to protect your rights.
How Long We Retain Your Information
We retain your information only as long as necessary to provide our services to you, enhance your user experience, and otherwise as necessary for our operations or as permitted or required by applicable laws.
Legal Basis for Use of Your Personal Information (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR, governs privacy practices involving individuals in the European Union and the European Economic Area and certain other transactions related to those areas. If the GDPR applies to your personal information that we have collected, our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information will depend on the personal information concerned and the context in which it is collected, including legitimate business purposes, as necessary to provide products and services to you or respond to your inquiries and requests, with your consent, to comply with applicable laws, or when there is a legitimate and overriding interest that necessitates the use.
How to Access and Control your Information
You may change your privacy settings at any time by contacting us at email@example.com . There, you may indicate your options to:
- Modify, update, and delete your user account;
- Opt in or out of subscriptions to newsletters, mailings, and other communications and alerts;
- Opt in or out of receiving offers and promotions; and
- Opt in or out of sharing your personal information with others so they can send you offers and promotions.
You may contact us to request a copy of the information we have collected about you, request to correct or update any information we have about you, or request deletion of your account or personal information. Following a request for deletion, we will delete your information unless required to retain it by applicable laws. We may also retain certain of your information if necessary for safety or security, fraud prevention, quality assurance, or other legitimate business interests, and only in accordance with applicable laws.
You may withdraw any consent you have granted to our collection and use of your personal information at any time, subject to our right to continue to use your personal information as permitted or required under applicable laws. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of our collection or use of your personal information prior to withdrawal.
Because there is not yet a consensus on how companies should respond to web-browser-based do-not-track mechanisms, we do not respond to do-not-track signals at this time.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the State of California, you may contact us to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes or, if you are under 18, to request removal of content or information you have publicly posted.
How to Contact Us
The Black Keys Partnership
Attn: Privacy Request
P.O. Box 340020
Nashville, TN 37203-0020
Your Local Data Protection Authority
Under certain local laws, you may have the right to submit a complaint regarding our collection and use of your personal information to your local data protection authority. Please consult this link for further information: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en